Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

The Armory

So I decided to try to build a cardstock building with an interior, using World Works Games' "Mayhem Armory" set.  It's not build to have foamcore walls, however, but instead is some sort of "TerrainLinx" set up where the walls are made of folded-over cardstock.  I didn't pay too much attention to how the whole Linx thing worked; I figured I would just adjust the set-up to accommodate the foamcore walls.  It was a little trickier than I thought, for one thing the interior walls are strangely shorter than the exterior ones.  But here's the final result of my first effort.



Not super-great, but a good learning experience.

8 comments:

  1. looks great, it is very tricky to build card stock buildings, i have tried

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. It is kind of tricky converting a plain paper model to using it with foamcore. Many times you have to re-size the pieces to fit the foamcore with some photo editing program. I copy the piece I want to edit into Picassa (free) and then resize in the Presentation program from Open Office (also free).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea the card stock models were so well detailed. The grubby floor looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks playable to me !!


    Now to roll some dice....

    ReplyDelete