Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Some cars and looking ahead

I haven't gotten around to doing another adventure of Robb and Irene lately for a three good reasons: work, kids going back to school, and getting a new dog.  While I was in this zombie slump Two Hour Wargames announced a new version of All Things Zombie entitled Final Fade Out which is getting good reviews out in the zogosphere (that's my own name for zombie blogs--if you use it make sure to give me credit!) and is due out to the general public in late September or early October.
In the meantime, I've been aware that I would like to flesh out (no pun intended) the cast and setting of my ATZ campaign.  That means buildings, vehicles, and figures, especially gang members and survivors.  So my plan is to spend September bulking out my campaign, and then re-launching when the new rules come out.
To get the ball rolling, I picked up three die-cast vehicles I spotted at my local CVS, all looking good in terms of scale.

Both of SUV's have doors that open, and the VW bug is just fun.

My plan is to paint up a few more figures, and hopefully build a few cardstock and foamcore buildings to go with it.  I'll keep you posted throughout September as I keep things going.

3 comments:

  1. That's a sensible decision to make good use of your time until FFO is released.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cars look good, I want a beetle now...

    I don't think you're the only one waiting for FFO before proceeding with your campaign either.

    ReplyDelete